1/2 kg strawberries
1 kg Rhubarb
1 vanilla bean split and scraped ( optional)
1/4 cup water
4 tbsp. lemon juice
50g Fowlers Vacola Jamsetta
1.5kg sugar warmed
1. Wash and drain fruit. Add to preserving pan and cook gently with water until fruit is soft.
2. Add Fowlers Jamsetta with the warmed sugar, lemon juice and vanilla seeds. Cook gently stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil for 5-10 minutes.
3. Skim scum from the surface with a metal spoon if necessary. Test for set.
4. Allow jam to stand for 10 minutes prior to bottling in to sterilised No.14 bottles,
5. Seal with Fowlers Kleerview Covers or Fowlers Preserving Wax with clear instructions on the back of our packets.