Yield: 8 x No. 31 Bottles
4 kilo cherries
2 tablespoons coconut sugar per bottle
Water or verjuice
40g Freeze Dried Finger lime*
Before you start, run the jars through the dishwasher.
1. Pack cherries into No. 31 bottles. Sprinkle sugar and finger lime powder on top of fruit. Top up the bottle with water or verjuice (room temperature ensuring to leave a 12mm headspace at the top of the bottle).
2. Place the lid on top of the bottle. It should fit neatly onto the rubber seal;
3. Lock the lid in place by using the clip. This simple clip places pressure on the lid, allowing air inside the bottle to escape during the cooking process, without allowing water into the bottle.
4. Light syrup can be made with 9 cups of liquid to 3 cups of sugar as an alternative to sprinkling the top of fruit in the jar with sugar.
5. For the syrup - dissolve sugar in water, bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes. Strain through a muslin cloth and cool.
6. Process as per preserver type
*Chefs Note - Freeze-dried finger limes available on line through the Australian Super food Company